Volunteers put the mission of Michigan Legacy Art Park into action. There are rewarding opportunities for everyone—guiding tours, greeting guests at the trailhead, event planning, maintenance, and more.
Submit Volunteer Interest Form
Those interested in volunteering can also contact us directly.
Become a Tour Guide
We are currently seeking volunteers to serve as tour guides for school field trips and various groups throughout the year.Curious? Let us know
- No prior art experience necessary
- Enjoy being with people/kids
- Physically able to hike rustic trail
- Positive spirit
- Willing to learn
Tour Guides Receive
- Pocket Guide
- Shadowing experienced guide
Become a Steward of the Park
SPRING STEWARDSHIP DAY: April 23 from 9-11am
Help keep Michigan Legacy Art Park beautiful by lending a hand on April 23.
Stewardship Days are a great way to give back to your Art Park. Many volunteers are needed to rake around sculptures, clean sculptures, pick up sticks along the trails, spread mulch, realign the rocks that outline the perimeter of the parking lot that were moved by the snowplow, prune branches, organize the gatehouse, and more. There are many jobs for many people of all ages and abilities.
How to get involved:
- Arrive at the Art Park trailhead at 9 a.m– registration is not needed but is helpful. You can send a quick email to [email protected] or you can submit the Volunteer Interest Form here.
- An Art Park representative will greet you and help you choose a task and get started
- Bring work gloves, a rake, water, leaf blower, and other outdoor maintenance tools
- Expect to work no later than Noon – and stop by even if for only an hour. Every little bit helps.