Family Day at Michigan Legacy Art Park will take place on Sunday, October 2, 2011 from 1:00 to 4:00 PM. The Art Park is located on the grounds of Crystal Mountain Resort & Spa in Thompsonville.
The event will feature songs and stories by Luunappi, art projects for both kids and grownups, harmonica instruction with Michael Beveridge, and more. Attendees will also have an opportunity to walk the Art Park trails to view the sculptures and colorful fall landscape.
Scouts are can earn one of two patches during Family Day. By completing the appropriate patch activity book, Scouts can earn either the Michigan Legacy Art Park patch or the Fallen Comrade patch.
Family Day admission is $3 per person or $10 per household. All proceeds benefit the cultural and educational mission of Michigan Legacy Art Park.
Family Day 2011 Schedule:
- Concert at the Amphitheater: Enjoy the songs, stories and poems of Luunappi (Finnish for a finger snap to the ear!). Patrick Niemisto and Norm Wheeler present songs, stories, poems, and fun.
2:00 to 4:00 PM
- Hike the Art Park: Take a fun self-guided tour of the Art Park while filling out a bingo card for prizes.
- Environmental Art Workshop: Create your own secret space in the Park using materials found in nature.
- Create a Picture with Textures: Use rubbings of things in nature to create a picture.
- Meet the Artist: Environmental artist Patricia Innis will talk about her new sculpture in the Art Park, Robins!
- Harmonica Fun with Michael Beveridge: Learn to play a song on the harmonica and take the instrument home with you.
If raining, the event will be cancelled.