Annual fall event at Michigan Legacy Art Park
A day to explore nature and creativity with family and friends
Family Day is a fun annual fall event at Michigan Legacy Art Park, located at Crystal Mountain in Thompsonville, Mich. This year the event will take place on Sunday, October 7 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. The public is invited to explore their creativity and the Art Park through hands-on art projects, a new photo scavenger hunt, and even a workshop where everyone can learn a song on the harmonica. There will be projects for adults and children and tours to view the sculptures and colorful fall landscape. Boy and Girl Scouts can earn one of two patches by touring the Park and completing the patch activity book.
Admission is $3 per person or $10 per household and includes hot caramel apple cider and fresh donuts from Bud's of Interlochen!
Explore your Creativity, at the amphitheatre:
· Create your own artwork from wire with sculptor Bob Purvis
· Learn to play a song on the harmonica with Michael Beveridge
· Create a bird out of pinecones & feathers with artist Patricia Innis
· Create your own secret space using materials found in nature
· Other art projects include texture drawings & creative writing
Explore the Art Park:
· Bring your camera and do the new photo scavenger hunt
· Play Art Park bingo while hiking with young children
· Take a guided hiking tour
For those with limited mobility, golf cart tours will be available throughout the day—since seating is limited, call the Art Park office at (231) 378-4963 to make your reservation in advance.