Guided Birdwatching Hike
2nd Saturday Each Month (April – October)
10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Free with Art Park admission
- April 8
- May 14 (Sunday)
- June 10
- July 8
- August 12
- September 10 (Sunday)
- October 14
Join Executive Director and birding guide Angie Quinn on a birdwatching hike through the Art Park! In the midst of a 30-acre preserve—and part of the Sleeping Bear Birding Trail—Michigan Legacy Art Park offers ample opportunity to view or hear a variety of Michigan birds.
- Meet at the trailhead at 10:00 am, rain or shine.
- Cancellations for severe weather only. (check Facebook 1 hour prior to hike for confirmation)
- View EVENT CALENDAR for dates.
- Plan approximately 1.5 hours and binoculars are recommended but not required.
A limited number of binoculars will be available on a first-come first-served basis
Birding resources from Michigan Audubon:
Identifying an unknown bird is a breeze with online bird guides and smart phone apps. These fantastic electronic field guides provide species information including identification tips, range, habitat, photos, and audio clips.
- Smartphone Apps
- Pros: 400 species; Easy-to-use ID search for beginning birders; Free!
- Pros: Bird ID search; Illustrations and photos; Ecology info; Song pattern ID
- Pros: 771 species; Bird ID search; Designed for the experienced birder; Find a bird in your location/date